The Global Civil Society Strengthening (GCSS) LWA
Led by Counterpart International (Counterpart), the five-year Global Civil Society Strengthening Leader with Associates (GCSS LWA) will serve USAID Missions, Regional Bureaus and Offices in the implementation of civil society, media development, and program design and learning activities around the world.
Counterpart and its GCSS Consortium partners have active programs and/or offices in 139 countries on every continent around the globe, including:
- 100 percent coverage in rebuilding and transforming countries,
- 88 percent coverage in developing countries,
- 91 percent coverage in restrictive countries,
- 79 percent coverage in sustaining partnership countries, and
- 77 percent coverage in non-presence countries.
This geographic breadth perfectly positions the Consortium to respond quickly and effectively to the civil society programming needs of USAID missions around the world.
Resource Partners will be called upon to meet niche programming needs and to assist with identifying credible local groups, government contacts, private sector actors, under-served or minority groups, and youth and women’s organizations.